5th Grade Orchestra Information
Welcome! Starting in 5th grade, students have the opportunity to join orchestra to learn violin, viola, or cello. Orchestra meets for 30 minutes once a week during the school day. There is no cost to participate outside of the cost of materials (listed below). Questions? Please contact Jeana Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to having your student in orchestra!
Steps to Register for Orchestra:
1. Decide on an instrument (violin, viola, or cello). Which instrument would your student like to play? I recommend choosing the instrument they think sounds the best!
2. Determine instrument size. Instruments come in different sizes, like shoes. Please make sure height measurements are accurate in order to determine the most comfortable instrument size for your student.
3. Rent an instrument below*! Be sure to select the correct instrument size. Students will also need a copy of Essential Elements Interactive Book 1 for their instrument.
4. Finally, sign up! Classes will begin the week of August 29th. Please have instruments ordered prior to Labor Day.
* Students who participate in Free/Reduced Lunch through KPS are eligible to receive a free/reduced rate instrument and materials through the school, based on availibility. Please skip step 3 if and continue to sign up- Mrs. Peterson will send home more information after the first few lessons about instrument availability!
Weekly Lesson Schedule
8:15-9:15 Central (Thacker/Swartz)
1:10-1:40 Bryant (all classes combined)
2:30-3:00 Emerson (all classes combined)
2:55-3:25 Glenwood (Hadwiger)
9:10-9:40 Buffalo Hills (all classes combined)
1:10-2:10 Park (Loeffelholz/Friesen)
2:55-3:25 Northeast (all classes combined)
1:00-1:30 Kenwood (all classes combined)
2:30-3:00 Windy Hills (all classes combined)